Available to all Pepperstone account holders, Oil and Gas products are tradable commodities on both MetaTrader 4 and cTrader.
XTI/USD is a spot commodity pair based on West Texas Intermediate crude oil, or WTI, which is a light ‘sweet’ oil traded in Cushing, Oklahoma – the sweetness referring to the oil’s low Sulphur content. XTI/USD can be considered US Oil, and is heavily affected by developments in Northern America.
XBR/USD is a spot commodity pair based on Brent Crude Oil, while Brent technically refers to oil produced in the North Sea it is often referred to as UK Oil. Brent Crude is used as the pricing benchmark for two thirds of the world’s oil production.
Natural Gas is an energy commodity that is affected by factors such as unexpected weather related demand, fossil fuel prices and gas supply issues. Not as readily portable as Oil, gas markets are fragmented and localised economic factors can cause diverging prices in different regions. XNG/USD is based on US Natural Gas, and is driven by global factors as well as those that affect only the US market.
Advantages of trading Oil and Gas though Pepperstone
- Access to institutional grade spreads and trade execution
- Minimum trade size of $0.10 per pip
- A maximum leverage of 500:1
- No commission fees on commodity pairs
- The ability to hedge positions on a single account
Risks of Trading Oil and Gas
- Leveraged trading puts your capital at risk. You could lose all, or a large portion, of your trading capital if the market makes a significant move against your current open position/s
- Your losses may exceed your deposits
- Past performance does not guarantee future performance
- Tax benefits (if any) are subject to change and depend on your personal circumstances
|Instrument||Minimum trade size||Margin requirement per minimum trade size||Spreads from||Contract size per standard lot||Session times|
|XTIUSD||0.01||AUD $0.92||0.04||100 barrels||01:00 to 23:59 (GMT+2)|
|XBRUSD||0.01||AUD $1.05||0.04||100 barrels||03:00 to 23:59 (GMT+2)|
|XNGUSD||0.01||AUD $0.81||0.003||10,000 MMBtu||01:00 to 23:59 (GMT+2)|