How we keep your funds safe
- When you open a trading account with Pepperstone, we can assure you that your funds are in safe hands. There are a number of measures we implement so our clients put their trust in us to keep their money protected.
- Pepperstone is authorised and regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) AFSL number 414530.
- Your money is held in a trust account that we maintain with an Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) regulated banks ( an authorised deposit-taking institution or ADI).
- Pepperstone does not use retail client money for hedging trades with other counterparties.
- All client money is protected from creditors in the unlikely event Pepperstone goes into liquidation.
What does Pepperstone do with my funds?
Any money that you deposit with us for trading will be held in a trust account that we maintain in accordance with the Australian Client Money Rules and ASIC Regulatory Guide 212: Client Money Relating in OTC Derivatives (unless you have requested to be classified as a Pepperstone Pro and have provided your consent)
What happens to my funds if Pepperstone goes into liquidation?
In the unlikely event of Pepperstone’s liquidation, the segregated retail client monies are covered by the requirements under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth.)
What happens to my funds if one of Pepperstone’s holding banks goes into liquidation?
If bank liquidation were to occur, the losses would be shared by clients in proportion to the share of funds held with that failed bank.