We've expanded our ASX share CFD offering
Our Share CFDs are designed specifically for traders who want to trade both long and short and take advantage of short term opportunities with leverage. If you frequently trade physical shares, contracts for difference (CFDs) provide an alternative vehicle for entering trades of the same notional value with less capital. That means more money in your account to capture more opportunities.
Trading equities with leverage is not without risk, but it gives traders greater flexibility when it comes to entering positions quickly and in multiple companies simultaneously. In not having to deal with the complications of share ownership, since you don’t own the underlying share when trading CFDs, speculating on your favourite ASX stocks and those that are making headlines using Share CFDs just got easier.
Better yet, if you’re an FX or multi-asset trader, you can trade all of our instruments on an MT5 account while taking advantage of the numerous opportunities that the Australian stock market has to"offer.
Leverage. Increase your exposure to market movements with lower margin requirements.
Buy and sell with ease. No borrowing fees or restrictions on shorts.
Fractional share trades. As little as 0.1 shares per order.
All-in-one-access. Trade Share CFDs and other asset classes in the same"account.
Dividends. Receive them if you're long, pay if you’re short.
Price. live exchange spreads, best-in-class commissions, no market data1 or account keeping fees.
What you need to know:
- Commission per trade (one way): 0.07% of notional volume.
- Min commission: $5 AUD per trade ($10 AUD round trip).
- No monthly market data fees.
- Available on MT5.
You can find our full list of ASX share CFDs here.
How we stack up:
We understand that trading costs play an important role in profitability, so our ASX share CFD offering comes with competitive commission rates and no monthly market data fees. See for yourself in the broker comparison table below:
Monthly Market Data Fee^
Compared to those brokers that charge a volume-based commission, we’re best-in-class for commission rates and minimum commission. We’re also one of the only brokers not to charge a monthly data fee, keeping more money in your account to take advantage of this exciting market.
No Hidden Fees
Don’t be fooled by those brokers charging $0 commissions. While you won’t be charged a volume-based commission, you may be charged more in terms of spread. Higher spreads are an indirect commission, one that is almost always significantly more expensive than being charged a % commission rate or minimum commission.
As an example, we checked Afterpay (APT.AX) in session on one of these “no commission” brokers. Their quoted spreads were as much as 17x higher, with exchange spreads hovering around 5-14 points while they quoted 87 points. The same applied for Commonwealth Bank (CBA.AX) shares, which were quoted by these no commission brokers at 50 points, while our exchange spreads ticked through at 2-5 points.
Pepperstone’s Australian equity CFD spreads are direct from the exchange, with no markups, so there are no hidden or indirect fees when you trade ASX Share CFDs with us. If costs matter to you as a trader, then compare your broker’s bid/ask quote with the exchange quote. If they don't match up, trade with Pepperstone. We’re a broker you can trust.
Where are some of the opportunities in ASX stocks?
- Mining giants BHP (BHP.AX), Rio Tinto (RIO.AX) and Fortescue Metals (FMG.AX) make up 18% of the ASX 200 index’s market cap, with the wider materials sector accounting for around 26%. Think commodities plays. Where iron ore, copper, silver, gold, coal and oil are moving, Aussie mining & materials equities are likely to see big moves. If you want greater volatility and enhanced commodities price exposure, then mining sector equities in Australia are a good avenue to explore.
- Financials: the “Big 4” Australian banks dominate the financial sector and the ASX 200 itself, contributing 17-18% of the market cap of the ASX. Highly sensitive to RBA cash rate decisions and broader economic conditions.
- Fintech: The buy now, pay later (BNPL) sector is booming in Australia. There’s plenty of movement to be seen in the likes of Afterpay (APT.AX) & ZipMoney (Z1P.AX) as they expand both domestically & internationally.
- Corporate earnings: take advantage of increased volatility around quarterly, semi-annual and annual earnings announcements. Trade the opportunity as companies update their profit targets and guidance, and review performance over the period.
Seize every opportunity
If you’re looking to take advantage of volatility in Australian equities, there’s never been a better time to trade with Pepperstone. Trade our ASX Share CFDs today to see why we’re a cut above the rest.
^ Commission rates and market data fees sourced from broker websites on 22 June, 2021.
1 complimentary offering, subject to change.
Pepperstone doesn’t represent that the material provided here is accurate, current or complete, and therefore shouldn’t be relied upon as such. The information provided here, whether from a third party or not, isn’t to be considered as a recommendation; or an offer to buy or sell; or the solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security, financial product or instrument; or to participate in any particular trading strategy. We advise any readers of this content to seek their own advice. Without the approval of Pepperstone, reproduction or redistribution of this information isn’t permitted.