Trading as a Pepperstone Pro
Upgrade to wholesale client status as a Pepperstone Pro and maintain your current leverage as well as our award-winning service, fast execution speeds, raw spreads and low commissions.
Maintain access to higher leverage
in the event of regulatory changes.
Smart Trader Tools
You get access Smart Trader Tools package which includes 28 indicators and expert advisors for MT4 and MT5, designed to help you manage your risk and take your trading to the next level.
Margin close-out level at 20%
You'll keep your margin close-out level at 20%
VIP access and offers
to enhance your trading experience.
with continued segregated funds in tier one banks.
from your own client manager here to support you.
Pepperstone Pro account leverage
A Pepperstone Pro account enables you more flexibility on leverage.
|Instrument||Professional leverage||Retail leverage|
|Forex||Up to 500:1||30:1|
|Indices||Up to 200:1||20:1|
|Gold||Up to 500:1||20:1|
|Other commodities||Up to 500:1||10:1|
|Cryptocurrencies||Up to 20:1||2:1|
|Equities||Up to 20:1||5:1|
What is Pepperstone Pro?
In Australia, clients are categorised as either retail or wholesale clients under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
There are a few different ways wholesale clients are assessed but we use the term ‘Pepperstone Pro’ for clients who meet any of the tests and are approved.
ASIC has announced changes restricting a number of aspects of how retail clients are able to trade CFDs and FX in Australia. These changes are due to come into effect from 29 March 2021. If you are approved and classified as a Pepperstone Pro, those changes will not impact you.
It's important to note that you will lose some retail-only protections if you become Pepperstone Pro, so you do need to consider this in your decision.
What do I lose if I become a Pepperstone Pro?
The following restrictions will be implemented on 29 March 2021, but as a Pepperstone Pro, they won’t apply to you:
- lower leverage implemented;
- compulsory margin close-out at 50%;
- retail negative balance protection
- retail disclosure information
We’re not required under the Corporations Act to provide wholesale clients with access to our Internal Dispute Resolution process but we’ll still make this service available to you at no cost.
While you can still access the external dispute resolution provider Australian Financial Complaints Authority (‘AFCA’), you may be treated differently given your status as an experienced wholesale investor and your matter may be excluded at AFCA’s discretion.
The risks and other important information are detailed in the Wholesale Client Information Statement.
Pepperstone Pro is only available to wholesale clients. To enjoy all the benefits of Pepperstone Pro, you’ll need to meet one of the following eligibility criteria below.
Even if you meet these requirements, in some circumstances, we may still choose to not grant you Pepperstone Pro status.
|Sophisticated Investor Test1||Wealth Test2|
You’ve traded leveraged FX or CFDs 20 times per quarter for at least 4 quarters in the preceding 2 years with a notional value of AUD$50,000 or more
Work or have worked in the financial sector for at least one year in a professional position which requires knowledge of FX or CFDs
Minimum net assets of AUD$2.5 million3
Income of at least AUD$100,000
Assets of at least AUD$500,000
Minimum gross income AUD$250,000 for each of the last 2 years3
|If you’re eligible, it’s easy:|
|1. Contact you account manager to confirm your Income or Assets.
2. Provide evidence of your trading with other brokers if you haven't traded 20 times per quarter for at least 4 quarters in the preceding 2 years with a notional value of AUD$50,000 or more with Pepperstone.
|1. Log into your secure client area.
2. Select Register as a wholesale client in the top right-hand side of the screen. You’ll be asked to submit proof of eligibility as certified by your accountant.
1An eligible client that meets the requirements of the Sophisticated Investor test is someone who we believe has previous experience that allows them to assess:
- the merits of the product or service; and
- the value of the product or service; and
- the risks associated with holding the product; and
- the client's own information needs; and
- the adequacy of the information given by the licensee; and
- Requests that Pepperstone consider my experience for the purposes of becoming a Sophisticated Investor as defined under 761GA Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (‘the Act’) by completing and returning the Sophisticated Investor Acknowledgement form.
2Clients that qualify as being treated as wholesale clients pursuant to section 761G(7)(c) of the Corporations Act 2001.
3Accountants certificate - 2 year expiry