Terms and Conditions - Refer a Friend
Date: February 2021
In these Offer Terms:
“Bonus” means the amount payable to you and your Friend if you meet these Offer Terms;
“Friend” means an individual or company who is referred by you and who meets the Deposit and Trade Requirements under these Offer Terms;
“Offer” means this Refer a Friend Offer, which is offered to you under these Offer Terms;
“Pepperstone” “We” “us” or “our” means Pepperstone Markets Kenya Limited Company number: PVT PJU7Q8K, CMA licence 128 of 2nd Floor, Oval House, Ring Road Parklands, Nairobi, Kenya; and
“You” “your” or “yours” means you, if you meet the criteria of an Eligible Client under clause 3 of these Offer Terms.
1. The Bonus
For you and your Friend to receive your Bonus:
1.1 You must comply with these Offer Terms; and
1.2 Your Friend must:
- (a) Step 1: Open a Standard or Razor account with Pepperstone, and provide your email address where indicated in their account application (Account Preferences – ‘How did you hear of us’ section); and
- (b) Step 2: Meet the Deposit requirement (initial deposit) and Trade Requirements below within 90 days of opening their account:
Deposit and Trade Requirements (must be met within 90 days of opening account)
Bonus Payable to You and Your Friend
* Lot size is generally 1 unit of the relevant currency per point. Index markets are quoted in points, rather than in currency terms. For example, the ASX200 might be quoted at 7000 points. This means that the collective value of Index points attributable to the top 200 Australian stocks by market capitalization add up to 7000. The value of each of these points is 1 AUD per point, so the theoretical notional value of the index is 7000 AUD for a 1 lot (1 contract) trade.
1.3 Once your Friend meets the Deposit and Trade Requirements, we’ll deposit the Bonus into your trading account and your Friend’s Standard or Razor account within 30 days.
2. Eligible Trades
2.1 This Offer applies to the following trades (“Eligible Trades”):
- major currency pairs (AUDUSD, EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY),
- minor currency pairs (AUDCAD, AUDCHF, AUDNZD, AUDSGD, EURAUD, EURCHF, EURGBP, GBPAUD, GBPCHF, NZDUSD); and
- crosses (CADCHF, EURCAD, EURNZD, GBPCAD, GBPNZD, USDCAD, AUDJPY, CADJPY, CHFJPY, EURJPY, GBPJPY, NZDJPY).
- metals (XAUUSD, XAGUSD, XPDUSD, XPTUSD); and
- oils (XTIUSD, XBRUSD).
- Indices (AUS200, CN50, EUSTX500, FRA50, GER30, JPN225, SPA35, UK100, US500, NAS100, US30, US2000, HK50).
2.2 Products not displayed above aren’t eligible for this Offer unless otherwise agreed by a Pepperstone representative in writing.
2.3 The Friend who is participating in the Offer must place the Eligible Trades themselves and keep them open for a minimum of 5 minutes and not hold hedged positions (opposing trades).
3. Your Eligibility
3.1 You’re an Eligible Client if you’re a client of Pepperstone with either an active Standard or Razor account.
3.2 Pepperstone Introducing Brokers and their referrals may not be eligible to participate in this Offer. Introducing Brokers will need to confirm their eligibility with us before seeking to refer friends under this Offer.
4. Communicating the Offer
4.1 You must only refer close friends. Don’t market or promote this Offer through paid advertising channels or to the public a (i.e. on public blog sites, search engines or in sponsored ads).
4.2 You must ask your Friend for their permission to send them any information about the Offer. Sending commercial messages to people without consent is considered spam.
5.1 You and your Friend(s) must participate in this Offer in good faith. We reserve the right, at any time and in our sole discretion, to withhold any Bonus awarded to you and your Friend(s), exclude you and your Friend(s) from the Offer and/or suspend or permanently terminate trading account access for you and/or your Friend(s), if you or your Friend(s):
- (a) breach any of these Offer Terms or our Terms and Conditions of Service;
- (b) engage in any actual or suspected abuse of this Offer; or
- (c) we have reason to suspect that you or your Friend(s) have acted fraudulently or obtained an unfair or unintended advantage under this Offer.
5.2 Bonuses can’t be transferred to another person, another person’s trading account or exchanged for other goods and services.
5.3 This Offer can only be claimed once per household.
5.4 You can only refer a Friend once. You can’t refer yourself via a joint account, company account of which you’re a director, a family member or a member of the same household.
5.5 This Offer can’t be used in conjunction with any other Pepperstone promotion.
5.6 We reserve the right to modify, change or withdraw this Offer at any time at our sole discretion. If we decide to withdraw this Offer, we’ll still honour the Offer in respect of all Bonuses earned prior to the Offer being withdrawn, provided that you and your Friend(s) satisfy these Offer Terms.
5.7 You acknowledge and agree that a Bonus isn’t an inducement to trade and we won’t be liable for trading losses incurred by you or your Friend as a result of your (or their) trading or in relation to this Offer. Trading leveraged products involves a high degree of risk and you could lose substantially more than your initial investment.
5.8 You acknowledge and agree that the opening of a Pepperstone trading account is subject to the relevant anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing “Know Your Customer” checks under applicable anti-money laundering laws and that we can’t accept Friend referrals from jurisdictions on our banned countries list.
5.9 You acknowledge and agree that your participation in this Offer doesn’t make you our agent or representative.
5.10 This Offer isn’t open to residents in any jurisdiction where participating in this offer would be contrary to local laws and regulations.
5.11 You and your Friend are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations in your country of residence that may apply to:
- (a) your participation in this Offer; and/or
- (b) your operation of a Pepperstone trading account.
5.13 These Offer Terms are governed by the laws of Kenya and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of that country.