Account Verification Requirements
When you open a bank account, you usually need to take some ID into the bank branch. Pepperstone is no different. We’re a regulated financial institution, so we need to know our customers and who's using our service.
We usually verify your identity with some photo ID and proof of address document/s. So depending on where you’re from and the type of account you are opening, we'll ask for you to verify your identity. If you are opening an account for a corporation or a trust, we also need to verify all information about the entity.
We’ll let you know exactly what kind of documents we need as you fill out your application.
The types of documents we accept are:
A valid ID document can be:
- Primary Photograph
- Passport (photo page only)
Government-issued photo ID
A valid proof of address document can be:
- Utility bills: gas, electric, or phone
- A bank or credit card statement (photo/scan of a physical letter or PDF of statement)
- A council tax bill or rates bill
- Tax statement
- Driver’s license (with a photo) showing your address and expiry date
- Any other government or financial institution-issued document
- Must be less than three months old and show the full document
- Must show name and residential address (PO Boxes will not be accepted)
- Name and residential address on the document must match the application form
- Must show a provision of services, such as money owed or paid
If you don’t have any of those, reach out to us so that we can chat to you further. Sometimes we do accept other documents. These can include:
- Birth certificate
- Citizenship certificate
If you have any questions about your ID documents or want to find out more, please get in touch.