Trader thoughts - 10 key questions for the day and week ahead
With intrigue we continue to ask questions, such as:
- Can the NAS100 and US500 break to new all-time highs?
- On earnings, we hear from Tesla (26th), Apple, Microsoft, and Alphabet (all after-market on 27th). Facebook (28th) and Amazon (29th) – how will the numbers be digested by traders?
- Where on earth US bond yields trade. Have we seen a low? A push through 1.315% (in US 10s) would give me some real belief we have.
- Can EURUSD close through the floor of 1.1772 – especially in the aftermath of the ECB’s new lower-for-even longer (forever) mantra? Can the USDX break out and rally into 93.44 and above?
- Can GBP hold up in the face of a massive isolation exercise in the UK?
- Will the AUD look past Wednesday’s Aussie Q2 CPI?
- Will Gold hold the $1797-90 zone?
- Can the short-term bullish momentum in Oil continue and could price push back into $74-75 range?
- Will the Robinhood IPO get ahead as scheduled (29th July)? How much short interest will we see from the moment it lists?
- As a Melburnian , I'm obviously hoping we all see lockdown restrictions removed, but we should be watching coffee – it's flying, at the hottest levels in a year and causing a stir - +33% since April alone - highest levels since 2014, prices are going up.
Pepperstone doesn’t represent that the material provided here is accurate, current or complete, and therefore shouldn’t be relied upon as such. The information provided here, whether from a third party or not, isn’t to be considered as a recommendation; or an offer to buy or sell; or the solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security, financial product or instrument; or to participate in any particular trading strategy. We advise any readers of this content to seek their own advice. Without the approval of Pepperstone, reproduction or redistribution of this information isn’t permitted.