Depth of Market
Posted on: 08 July 2014 , by: Pepperstone Support , category: cTrader
Market Depth is the liquidity that is available at different price levels. Ctrader now features three types of Market Depth for every symbol.
VWAP shows a list of available trade sizes, and the expected Volume Weighted Average Price at which that trade size can be executed. This form of volume display is helpful for traders looking to execute trades in larger sizes. To Choose VWAP DoM, select the VWAP icon to the left:
1. To change the available trade sizes, hover over the trade size and click the arrow icon to open the drop down menu, and then click on your chosen trade size.
2. Alternatively you can change the trade size by clicking on the trade volume and typing the amount manually.
3. To execute a trade, click on the price corresponding to that trade size.
1. To view standard market depth, choose the middle icon.
2. The standard depth of market option shows the amount of liquidity at various price levels.
Price depth of market shows the exact amount of liquidity available at all price increments. Different price levels can be clicked to open both stop orders and limit orders. The volume chosen in the market watch panel will be used as the trade size when entering trades through this method.
1. Pending orders can be opened in Price Depth of Market. Firstly choose your desired trade volume from the drop-down volume menu.
2. To open a sell stop order, click on the price level below the current market price that you would like the trade to be opened at on the left hand side of the depth of market display.
3. Conversely, to open a sell limit order, hover over and click on a price level above the current market price on the left hand side of the display.
4. To open Buy limit orders, repeat the process above in the opposite fashion – click on a price level below the current market price, on the right hand side of the depth of market. To open a buy stop order, you can click on a price level above the current market price on the right hand side of the depth of market display.
5. Any open or pending orders can be closed by clicking the ‘x’ symbol on the order.