Modify orders and Positions
Posted on: 25 June 2014 , by: Pepperstone Support , category: cTrader
There are several ways that you can modify orders and positions in cTrader, whether the order is pending or has already been opened.
On Your Chart Display:
1. Once a trade has been opened, you can edit the stop loss and take profit levels for that order on your chart display. To set your stop loss, click, hold and drag the SL button attached to your order.
2. As you drag the stop loss line the platform will indicate the distance of your stop loss in both pips and in a dollar amount. When you are happy with the pip or dollar value your stop loss is set to, releasing the SL button will set that stop loss level to your order.
3. You can also change the value of your order’s take profit level. To set your take profit, click, hold and drag the TP button attached to your order.
4. As you drag the take profit line the platform will indicate the distance of your take profit in both pips and a dollar amount. When you are happy with the pip or dollar value your take profit is set to, releasing the TP button will set that take profit level to your order.
In your Trade Terminal:
1. Find the button with a cog icon, to the left of the order you wish to modify. Click this icon.
2. A Modify Order window will appear. Here you can modify open orders, limit orders and stop orders. You can set take profit levels and stop losses, as well as change the open price of pending orders.
3. To enter a stop loss or take profit to your order, tick the box next to Stop Loss or Take Profit. The value of the stop loss or take profit will show in pips, price, balance (%) and profit. When you have entered your desired values, click Protect to set the modifications to your order. Note that for a buy order, the stop loss must be a negative pip value and the take profit must be a positive pip value – the opposite is true for a sell order. If you do not enter a valid modification, the platform will not allow you to click Protect.