Social Trading Overview
Pepperstone has partnered with numerous social trading platforms for forex and CFD traders who wish to follow and copy trades made by others. Sometimes referred to as "copy trading", Social Trading is a recent innovation to Forex and CFD trading.
What is Social Trading?
Social trading is a fairly recent development in the forex markets whereby traders follow and copy trades made by others, direct into their Pepperstone trading account. Essentially, Social Trading may be an ideal service for traders who are interested in the markets yet may be short of time or education, or just simply wish to have someone else trade on their behalf. It’s also praised for being cost-effective due to it not involving any performance or admin fees being charged that can be common with fund managers in other asset classes.
Why Social Trading?
We believe part of the reason MetaTrader remains so popular with traders is because of its ability to automate trades easily. You might be thinking you like the forex markets but don't know enough about them or don't have enough time to trade. Or perhaps you might be trading another asset class and wish to diversify into forex and CFDs. Here are five of the top reasons traders have found social trading to be beneficial for them:
- Low start-up costs: You don't necessarily need to have a large starting deposit to begin trading with automated signals or copy trading. Some providers allow you to start with as little as $200.
- Diversifying your risk: Because you can allocate different strategy providers with certain social trading platforms, there is an ability to diversify risk rather than rely on a single provider.
- Benchmarking your performance: You might be successfully trading using your own strategies and just wish to see whether you can beat the performance of other traders through social trading. A bit of competition can be beneficial to your trading.
- Save on fees: Traditional money management with experienced traders can sometimes attract administration fees or performance fees for example. Social trading providers can often charge a fixed fee, or fees in the way of slightly wider trading spreads.
- Verified results: Certain social trading websites only publish/work with traders who are on live accounts. That means there's no demo or virtual accounts being used and there is a clear track record of results (often with the products they traded) over a designated time period for you to make a decision with which one you prefer.
How does Social Trading Work?
If you haven’t done so already, you’ll need to sign up for a Pepperstone Live Account, as well as with one of the Social Trading platforms found below. Depending on which provider you choose, you may need to submit your Pepperstone Login and Master or Investor (read only) password for them to start copying the trades into your account. You may also be required to sign a document stating that you wish for them to trade on the account. Any trader you choose to follow will typically have their trades automatically copied into the account and you can view the account in real time using read-only access.
Want to learn more? Feel free to contact our expert Support team if you had any questions on Social Trading or how to get started…
Pepperstone works with the following social trading companies/platforms:
* Disclaimer: Social trading technology and information has been provided by a third party and does not reflect the opinion of Pepperstone. Social trading carries inherent risks and reliance on third party system management and maintenance. The information provided through social trading does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs Utilising social trading may be disrupted resulting in unanticipated losses that may be in excess of client account balances.
**IMPORTANT NOTICE: The information and analysis provided here has been produced by the signal provider company. Pepperstone has reproduced the information without alteration or verification and does not represent that this material is accurate, current, or complete and it should not be relied upon as such. The material is general in nature and has been prepared for informational purposes only without regard to any individual's investment objectives, financial solution, or means. Pepperstone advises clients to seek independent financial advice before considering investing in any signals products and services. Furthermore, Pepperstone reiterates that past returns are not an indicator of future performance.
Readers should also be mindful that as with all technology applications there are inherent weaknesses and that the operating system is dependent on third parties managing the connection to Pepperstone servers. Trading over the internet using any social/copy trading application may be disrupted resulting in unanticipated losses that may be in excess of client account balances. Pepperstone accepts no responsibility for the performance of the application whatsoever.