Gold and Silver
Pepperstone offers four precious silver and gold crosses on our MetaTrader4 platform. Gold and silver are traded against both the US dollar and euro, and are traded in a similar way to any other currency pairs on the platform.
XAU/USD is a spot commodity pair based on the physical price that gold can be bought or sold at, in a particular point in time. Influenced heavily by supply and demand, as well as US Dollar risk, spot gold is a volatile yet increasingly popular commodity available within the interbank market.
XAG/USD is a spot commodity pair based on the physical price that silver can be bought or sold at, in a particular point in time. Given silver's common use in jewelry and consumer products, supply and demand heavily influence movements in this pair.
Advantages of Trading Gold and Silver Through Pepperstone
- Access to institutional grade spreads and trade execution
- Minimum trade size of $0.10 per pip
- A maximum leverage of 500:1
- No commission fees on commodity pairs
- The ability to hedge positions on a single account
Risks of Trading Gold and Silver:
- Leveraged trading puts your capital at risk. You could lose all, or a large portion, of your trading capital if the market makes a significant move against your current open position/s
- Your losses may exceed your deposits
- Past performance does not guarantee future performance
- Tax benefits (if any) are subject to change and depend on your personal circumstances
|Instrument||Minimum trade size||Margin requirement from as low as||Spreads from||Contract size per standard lot||Session times|
|0.01||AUD $3.81||0.6||100 ounces||01:00 to 23:59 (GMT+2)|
|0.01||AUD $2.60||1.2||5000 ounces||01:00 to 23:59 (GMT+2)|