Cryptocurrency CFDs are prone to huge price movements in value. You can take advantage of this volatility by trading Crypto CFDs with Pepperstone1 – without the need for a digital wallet or trading on a cryptocurrency exchange. Start trading Cryptocurrency CFDs with us.
Why trade Crypto CFDs with Pepperstone?
- Competitive spreads
- Trade Crypto CFDs without the need for a digital wallet
- Weekend trading available on Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Polkadot, and more
- The ability to hedge on a single account
- Go long or short on Bitcoin CFD price movements with leverage of up to 2:1 on all of our trading platforms
- Trade our range of Crypto CFD markets, including Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash, and global index derivative products – Crypto10, Crypto20 and Crypto30 – that track changes in the value of a basket of the world's most highly traded cryptocurrencies
- We're a global FX and CFD broker regulated by BaFin, CySEC, FCA, ASIC, CMA, DFSA and SCB
Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin are much more volatile than traditional currencies and carry significant risks. Please also note that you won't own or have any rights in the underlying currency when you trade with Pepperstone. The cryptocurrency market is volatile so sharp and sudden moves in price could see you lose significant amounts of money very quickly.
The underlying crypto markets are open over the weekend2. We don’t offer a separate ‘weekend symbol', so when you open a position, you’ll be doing so with the same symbol you trade with during the week.
Stop losses, take profits and pending orders to open on all crypto positions can be triggered during their weekend trading times.
Please note that weekend positions with attached stops/limits will not be netted off against existing weekday contracts. In this instance the weekend position will roll into a new weekday position, with the same stops/limits attached. Similarly, weekend positions will not net off against existing weekday contracts if the weekday contracts have stops/limits attached. In this instance, weekend positions will be rolled into new weekday contracts.
Frequently asked questions
*Cryptocurrency spreads are quoted in points with reference to the equivalent underlying market contract. Average spreads updated June 2022.
1 Cryptocurrency positions are capped at a maximum of USD$200,000 notional value per account. Should the notional value exceed this amount we may, in accordance with our T&C’s, close part or all of your cryptocurrency positions until they are within this limit.
2All cryptocurrency positions could be affected by weekend trading. This additional trading period during the weekend means not only do you have longer to speculate on the price of different coins, but also any stop losses and take profits you have attached can be filled on the weekend.