Chart of the Day: XAUUSD
What this week could mean for Gold. A pivotal week for financial markets with the scheduled 15% tariffs on $160b of Chinese exports (to the US) due to kick in on Sunday.
- A pivotal week for financial markets with the scheduled 15% tariffs on $160b of Chinese exports (to the US) due to kick in on Sunday
- If they go through, Gold could gap higher and rally back to $1484, which seems to be how clients are positioned, with sizeable buy orders seen in the last few days
- Tariff increases will cause USDCNH, as well as the JPY and the CHF to move sharply higher too, with traders using the ‘recession’ word more liberally again
- Should we see a loose agreement to revisit talks and tariffs in late January/early February 2020 then it could refocus traders back onto the new theme driving gold - a modestly better 2020 and reflation
- A bearish break of $1447 (38.2% fib of the May to September rally takes gold into $1400 fairly quickly.)
Ready to trade?
It's quick and easy to get started – even with a small deposit. Apply in minutes with our simple application process.
Pepperstone doesn’t represent that the material provided here is accurate, current or complete, and therefore shouldn’t be relied upon as such. The information provided here, whether from a third party or not, isn’t to be considered as a recommendation; or an offer to buy or sell; or the solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security, financial product or instrument; or to participate in any particular trading strategy. We advise any readers of this content to seek their own advice. Without the approval of Pepperstone, reproduction or redistribution of this information isn’t permitted.